Sunday, May 13, 2012

Busy Bees

We've been rather busy the last few weeks. School, work, homework, finals, cleaning and more cleaning, family visits, birthdays, quick trips, and weddings.

My family came down to visit April 12-15th, and we had so much fun! The 13th was my birthday, and the 15th was Nathan's. On my birthday, I was hangin' with Emma at the hotel pool (the BEST part about vacationing). Emma said to me, "Guess who's birthday it is?"
I wanted to be silly, thinking she'd say it was my birthday, so I said, "um... Mom's?" Emma said no. "Devin's?" Nope, wrong again. After guessing Dad's and Natalie's birthdays, I said, "Is it MY birthday??"
Emma: "No! It's MINE!"
... "Did you know it's really MY birthday today, Emma?"

She is too cute. I explained to her that it was, in fact, my birthday that day, and that Nathan's was two days later, and THEN it was her birthday a little bit later. (I can see why she'd be so excited about HER birthday though, she is turning 7 after all.)

We went on a fun hike, watched Dan in Real Life, went to an antique shop, ate some mexican food, had ice cream drumsticks (with matches on top- the best happy birthday song ever!), felt the baby kick, went on a carousel ride, and pretty much just had a blast all weekend long.
The only bummer was that it was cloudy and rainy the whole time they were here. It has been at least 80 degrees every day the past month, so of course it got yucky when they came for vacation. (How does that always happen?)


We just got back from Nathan's cousin's wedding up in Bountiful, Utah. It was such a beautiful day! We loved having a quick trip up north for a "done with finals" celebration. (And, done with our Associate's Degrees! Woo hoo!)

What's on the agenda for this week?
More cleaning,
more birthday, (Emma's, for real this time)
more weddings,
more work,
more getting ready to move! (June 1st!)

*Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and any other fabulous ladies who are motherly out there!*

No comments: