Thursday, April 5, 2012

That's a Wrap!

So, I was listening to the radio the other morning.

Supposedly, Burger King just started advertising 10 new items that seem identical to items McDonald's has already been selling for a few years now, such as snack wraps, real fruit smoothies, salads, and frappes.
What did Burger King have to say on the matter?

"Burger King doesn't deny that its new chicken strips, caramel frappe coffees, Caesar salads and strawberry-banana smoothies sound pretty close to those on McDonald's popular menu. But executives say the company came up with them through its research." Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/04/03/burger-king-new-menu-looks-lot-like-mcdonald/#ixzz1rCyy9L2F

I don't really care about the issue as much as I care about it making me want a snack wrap.
Later on that day, we happened to get a coupon book in the mail for Burger King's new items. One coupon was 2 for $2 snack wraps. I wanted one even worse. Who doesn't want a chicken strip wrapped in lettuce, ranch, and a tortilla?

I held back the urge to buy one, because Nathan and I have this thing against impulse purchases. (Just kidding. We just have this thing against fast food. Well, mostly Burger King and McDonald's.)

But today, my brain told me, "why not just use those long chickynugs we have in the freezer, our lettuce, our ranch, and our tortillas in the fridge? Make your own dang snack wrap."

So I did. Take that, BK and MickeyD's.



Yum.

No comments: